Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Rookie Free Agents / Character Issues

Watson is one of four rookie free agents we signed after the minicamp, he's got an interesting / troubled background.

I really don't get all the hand-wringing over bringing in "problem" players. Gruden and Allen have made it clear that they'll overlook personal issues, as long as they don't affect the TEAM. They have no problems dropping these players if their problems (like drugs or laziness) spills over onto the field.

If the player isn't causing trouble for the TEAM, then I could care less what he does / has done in his free time. It also gets us good bargains on players as compared to franchises who are too afraid to take a guy based on character issues.

Now with Watson, I'd be very surprised if he beats out E. Graham / I. Smart for one of the last tailback spots on the active roster. I see him as a practice squader at best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home